The boom in wedding photo business during recent years caused a tough competition. What brings a lot of options for customer.
But the quantity of offers makes your decision harder. Mainly if you are not an enthusiastic amateur photographer or have just
limited experiences in photography. We have prepared a short manual how to choose your wedding photographer. We believe
you find it useful. Before you start to look for a
wedding photographer or videographer
set up couple of criterions, priorities and
answer couple of questions:
• managing the wedding with wedding planner? Require recommendations,
• will photos just from wedding guests satisfy you?
• documentary or posed photos, what do you like more?
• style of photography, each photographer has typical "handwriting", describe what you like,
• is wedding photography your top priority? Luxury honeymoon will not secure you great wedding pictures :-)
• price, what budget do you plan for wedding photography?
• wedding video, do you need video service too?
It makes your
faster if you know exactly what are you looking for. Are you looking for "pick up working car,
family sedan or sport roadster"? Look for wedding photographers only. Landscape, child or act photographer is great for
landscape, child and act photography. Check the portfolio or info what is the photographer about. All in one is not an option in
Five seated sport roadster with huge trunk is no longer the roadster, even it has a powerful engine - it is neither family sedan or
practical pickup. Try to verbalize your needs and wishes and put them on paper. Now start the research, we would recommend
you following order:
• ask your family and friends you trust. Mouth is the best propaganda, e.g. we have about 60% of reference weddings.
• check the internet. Google is a good friend and provide you tons of options to choose from, select your top 5 photographers.
• exhibition and magazines - this is time consuming but you never know.
Once you have chosen your top group of photographers contact them, ask for availability, price and details. Some photographers
may be reserved already and sometimes your sixth sense helps you choose the right one. Add one more criterion if you cannot
decide. Wait one or two days if you still hesitate. If you know the right one, confirm him your decision, attend personal meeting,
pay deposit and dates is just yours. Then you can focus on other vendors.
Marek & Klara
© 2016 Marek Valovič - All Rights Reserved